Point of Care
At Invetech, we are witnessing an upsurge in Point of Care (PoC) platform development. Our clients are seeking to simplify their cartridge designs, develop simple-to-use instrument platforms that are more like consumer electronics, and provide designs for both cartridge and device with lower manufacturing costs.
Having developed more than 30 PoC platforms, our clients chose us for our experience, our market insights and development guidance.
Some of the more common challenges we see and have developed design methodologies to overcome include:
- Poor integration between the cartridge and reader
- Cost of cartridge manufacture too high, impacting the business case
- Integration of proprietary sensor technologies into the cartridge design
- Achieving optical / detection performance in low cost and reliable ways
- Achieving tight thermal performance specifications together with rapid processing times
- Developing cartridges and readers before core technologies or assays are mature
- Achieving long shelf life targets with liquid reagents
Application experience includes:
- Molecular diagnostics
Biology and chemistry protocols includes:
- Sample preparation
- Nucleic Acid purification
- PCR or isothermal amplification
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Colorimetric detection
- Fluorescence detection
- Electrochemical detection
Get In Touch
To find out more about Invetech's Point of Care design and development capabilities contact us.